According to a recent study by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the top ten (10) causes of car accidents are:
10) Tailgating or other agressive driving;
9) Improper or unsafe lane changes;
8) Swerving to avoid something or overcompensating;
7) Disobeying traffic signals;
6) Failing to yield the right of way;
5) Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs (DUI);
3) Misjudgement or false assumption of other motorists' actions;
2) Drowsy driving or falling asleep while driving;
1) Driver distraction (talking with passengers, texting, rubbernecking, talking on the phone, adjusting the controls in the car, daydreaming, etc.). These types of accidents account for nearly 20% of car accidents nationwide.
To learn more about car accidents, contact Layman Law Firm, P.L.